• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jlshan

jlshan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

I have connected my computer to a powered USB hub and then from the hub connected a DSI -1 for guiding and from the hub to a DSI 2 for imaging.  My computer recognizes DSI 1 in this configuration, but does not recognize DSI 2. If I disconnect DSI 2 from the hub and connect directly to the computer, the computer now recognizes both DSI 1 and DSI 2!  Why does the computer not recognize DSI 1 AND DSI 2 when they are both connected to the hub?  The hub configuration really would cut down on cable tangling.  Any help out there?
Thanks,
James

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2085 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

James,
It sounds like a hub power issue.
Make sure its a powered hub and is supplying the proper voltages.
If the hub is starving for power it will not see both imagers.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 MFMAstro

MFMAstro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

I had a problem connecting two DSIs (as DSI and a DSI III) to a hub, although it sounds like my problem was different -- still my experience might be useful. My problem was also that both DSIs were recognized when plugged directly into my laptop running Windows XP, but I was asked to reinstall both CCDs when I plugged them into the hub. The automatic installs didn't work, even when the Autostar/Envisage CD was in the CDROM drive. I had to direct the install program to do a manual install, and point the install to the directory where the DSI drivers are located (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers on my computer, driver is DsiUsb.sys). Keep in mind that just because your DSI II is installed when connected directly to your computer, it isn't necessarily installed when you connect it to a hub. Something else to look at if you are still having problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users