1 reply to this topic

#1 dbird

dbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

Re: Meade 70AZ Camera 2.0 Camera Driver/Software Walmart

Has anyone actually got this camera to capture a .avi file in win2k?

Mine gives an error every time I try to capture.

The s/w drivers show no problems in the system->hardware->device manager panel, and I can view the camera's output in real time mode. I can also capture snaps to a file one at a time. But trying to capture a video stream is non-functional. The response panel says it is storing an error log, but I can't find one to inspect the results and diagnose.

Appreciate any comments.

Dave

#2 dbird

dbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

Thought I would update this. Never did get the original s/w to make a movie. But I did get the camera to make a movie using K3CCD Tools.

The camera controls are not very satisfactory though, compared to the original s/w that comes with the camera.

Bought a Philips webcam with low light sensitivity for $75 at Wallyworld, TouCam I think it is. Good reputation, way better performance, more pixels, hackable to long exposure of deep sky objects, good group support on yahoo, etc. Cost $130 everywhere else I've seen it so I jumped on it when I saw it.

So, I'm done messing with the little camera that came with the 70AZ. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, give their experiences, ask for help, whatever, email me at dbird_bull@yahoo.com Can't promise anything, but I'm friendly... :-)

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users