Photo

Buying a 10in Lightbridge soon which EP's?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WildBill

WildBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

Hello everyone I will be buying my Lightbridge in just a few weeks.I will have 800 to spend which EP's should I get?I can afford the Meade 4000 set with the scope purchase.Do I just need to get a couple EP's and a barlow or go for the EP and filter kit?Should I go with a 2in or 1.25? Thanks
Edge Of The Ozarks
+35.82/-091.57
Meade 70AZ-A 70mm
Celestron NexStar 114SLT
Kodak Z710 Digital
Canon T50 35mm
SAKAR MC ZOOM/C-MACRO 1:4.5 f=80-200mm
CANON FD 1:1.8 50mm
Posted Image

#2 Garand

Garand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

Well, I don't own a lightbridge (yet), but since there is a dearth of posting on the board lately (everyone is probably making use of the nice weather to look through their eyepieces instead of talking about them) I will share what I know - which means this may be short.

First, welcome to the forum.  I don't post a lot, but I come here often to read the questions and answers since most of my own quetions are covered that way.  It's a great place with some very knowledgeable people willing to help.

On eyepieces, be careful falling into the magnification trap.  Unless you have REALLY stable skies magnification can be your enemy.  For the most part I find that my 26mm serves most of my needs.  The adition of a 2X Barlow effictively makes it a 13mm.  I also have a 9mm that gets used a lot and the Barlow added to this gives me more magnification than I can usually handle.  When imaging I use a 6.4 to tune in to my selected objects. 

The series 4000 set is a good one with a lot of variety. It is also an excellent buy.

As for 2" vs 1.5" I can only answer with my observations with my LX200R 8".  2" EP's are great.  I picked up the Zhumell 2" wide angle set and I enjoy it a great deal. However, cost on 2" EP's can be a factor.  I chose the Zhumell set for cost reasons, but I have no regrets.

Filters - I find myself using the colored filter sets less and less and my light pollution, UHC, Nebula  and OIII filters more and more.  Also, a GOOD polarizing filter is really nice if you want to look at the moon and not have after images for the next hour  :D
I picked up the Meade Variable polarizing filter and it is great for my purposes.

i hope this helps - plus, we should see more posts from those here who are using the Lightbridge scopes and those who have a great deal more knowledge of EP's and filters.  Stay Tuned and good luck.

#3 AstralStroll

AstralStroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouth West of England

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Ive just got my 10" LightBridge and will be saving up for the following as soon as possible:

Variable Polariser
UHC filter
OIII filter

A couple of eyepieces in the 6 - 20mm range

#4 mranch

mranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi,
I've had a 16" Lightbridge for sometime now. Awesome scope!! I bought several Radians (1.25), an 18mm, 14mm, and a 12mm, and a 26mm Panoptics (2") I really love the Panoptics EP and use it most of the time. The 3 Radians I use mostly when I locate something in the 2" I switch to them. I haven't been disappointed with any of the EP's from Televue.

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users