4 replies to this topic

#1 mm5agm

mm5agm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Hi,
I hope someone can help with this problem. I bought a MySky Plus and it worked very well. I updated the Autostar to Version 5 and noticed it had an "Update MySky" option. Just to be safe, I copied all the software from the SD card to my C drive. Did the upgrade and it wiped all the files on the SD card but put on a new Firmware.bin file. Now the unit has stopped working. I copied all the original files back to the SD card but it still doesn't work. I formatted the SD card and copied the files over again. It still doesn't work. Can anyone help me get my MySky working again?
Colin

#2 jimsz

jimsz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

It sounds like you will have to contact meade.

Look into the information that the MySky is no longer being made.

#3 YodaMeister

YodaMeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem.
After contacting the european meade support, they sent me a new sd-card and the mysky works again.

YodaMeister

#4 ars9876

ars9876

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

There are support groups that can help by sending you the files.  People do not like to do that here because MEADE wants you to go though them.  Try looking for google and yahoo groups.

The SD card has a hidden file named "firmware.bin" and then folders that are the data files.  If you performed a simple copy and paste to backup the SD card and you did not have hidden files un-hidden then you missed the firmware.bin.

You can start over by uninstalling the autostar program and then re-installing (assuming you dont want mess with files already on your system) and then look for the firmware that works for you.

My family really enjoys the MYSKY unit and I am happy that I did not give up on getting it to work.

#5 quiquepor

quiquepor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hello

Can somebody send me a correct firmware.bin for mysky plus???
My e-mail is quiquepor@hotmail.com

Please, please, please

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users