2 replies to this topic

#1 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

I just updated to the latest & "greatest" version of Autostar, and I am confused.  Whatever settings I had in, it saved all the images.  I all want saved are the stacked/composite images.  I am not that sophisticated on the processing end, so I really don't know what to do with all the superfluous images.  I prefererred the older version.  What setting should I set it at, so I just keep the composite/stacked picture.  I curse Meade for not having good instructions.

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2062 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:19 AM

What imager are you using?
When I want to have the stacked image I generally saved as fits3p save composit image.
you can also save to BMP or JPG with save composit image.
If you use normal image and have the stacking star selected you should be able to save a stacked image as well as the individual sub frames.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

What imager are you using?
When I want to have the stacked image I generally saved as fits3p save composit image.
you can also save to BMP or JPG with save composit image.
If you use normal image and have the stacking star selected you should be able to save a stacked image as well as the individual sub frames.

Regards

Mark

Morning Mark,

Clear skies, last night and I felt like a wanker cuz I am not up to speed on the new Autostar software.  I am using the Meade LPI, and I usually save the images as .bmps.  Hope this helps.  On a side note I updated my Autosatr controller and I "accidentally" forgot to put in the guided tour.  I was wondering if you have any resources (for download) as far as your own homemeade tour(s)?  Just like to get away from Meade's standard program.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users