3 replies to this topic

#1 creeker

creeker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hello
I'm new to the forum. I have been using a PST off and on for about 4 years. Due to illness I haven't used it much this year. I finaly got to take it out today and noticed the front element has turned orange in color. It has always been stored indoors in it's foam lined case. Does anyone know if Coronado will repair this as it is still in the warranty period? Has anyone else had this problem and is it safe to use? Your help will be greatly appreciated.  Regards
          Ed

#2 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England but could be anywhere

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:55 AM

It sounds like rust. It will still be safe to use but there will be a small degradation in performance. Since being taken over by Meade, repair to Coronado kit can be very slow and I've heard of a few horror stories. Mine needs attention (although I'm still using it) and I'm hoping someone will write in and say they've a positive message about the after sales service.

#3 sophiamart

sophiamart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:37 AM

I am very excited to be a part of this Forum and look forward to bringing Value to it.

Acai Force Max
Acai force Max

#4 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England but could be anywhere

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

If you observe or snap the Sun, please contribute to the Solar News thread. There seems some new activity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users