Photo

60 FILTER/15 BLOCKER & 2000 MM SCHMIDT & FOCAL REDUCER to 1200MM - WORKABLE ????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DREAMTRUCK

DREAMTRUCK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

greetings all - i am using a 900 mm refractor  with good visual image but want a 1200 mm visual system  - thought of using my 8" schmidt cas. 2000 with focal reducer BUT i expect the image will not come out of 15 blocking filter - ANY IDEAS using a 2000 mm schmidt ?? i expect the 1200 created by the reducer will not give me an image at the eye piece - any one used a 2000 schmidt with the coronado filters ??
  • healenrerculp, gegutrisgulge, carpinteyropqi and 16 others like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2104 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

I am not quite sure about the rig you want to set up but here goes.

I am not really a solar viewer, even though I have done a little, so this is coming from a vast field of ignorance. As I understand things, you need to have a solar filter in front of the telescope. Coronado filters would have to go on the rear. You will most likely burn up something in your scope if you do not have a filter in front to reduce the light intensity and heat build-up inside the scope. I have not used any Coronado scopes, but I expect you would not get enough light throughput with enough of a solar filter on the front of the scope to protect it.

Hope this helps!

Bill Steen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users