• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 a.thinker

a.thinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

I have been trying to install the new update Version 5CE1 for my autostar controller, it hasn't been going well. It took the better part of 36 hours to complete, and it doesn't work. When I start up the controller there are no beeps and the the display goes blank after it displays the version number. If I press the mode button it brings up a line of gibberish and symbols and the name of my town, so I am assuming it is part of the set up where it asks you for your location.
I did have to restart the update due to dead batteries (I bought one of the AC adapters and it doesn't work...) and it seems to always restart at 62%
I am using a usb to serial connector to my computer.
I am looking for any suggestions, and or tips to repair or re-install the firmware. 
Thank you :'(

#2 PapaJ

PapaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

I'm new at this but I tried my upload last night ,after 7 hours I deleted everything from Meade and started over from scratch.The first thing I reloaded was my USB to RS232 cable,had to use the online download for that,then I went for the 505 and the software that came with it.Then I read the directions about 8 times to make sure that I was doing things right(Make sure power to scope and computer are both off).Attach cords turn on power to scope then computer and do general setup.Amazingly enough it started downloading by it's self.I don't know if any of this will help,but I'm sure someone with more experence will chime in to prove me right or wrong. :'(
Good luck and clear skies.

Jeff
Jeff

#3 a.thinker

a.thinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a try  :'(

#4 PapaJ

PapaJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:21 PM

Please let us know how it goes! :'(
Jeff

#5 a.thinker

a.thinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

...no luck, except now I can't even detect my handbox
still trying though... tried looking at Mars manually last night, enough clarity to make out the ice cap :) :)

#6 a.thinker

a.thinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset or restore the 497EP handbox to the factory default in the event of unforseen "technical difficulties?"
I was able to find one post, (it may have been on another website), and it made mention about resetting the handbox to factory defaults by using "(999)", but I haven't seen the correct way to perform the procedure, or if would even work for these controllers for that matter.
I am using a Belkin F5U409 "serial to USB" connector to connect to my laptop, I was able to find the correct Vista 32bit drivers for it.

any input greatly appreciated
thanks  :)

#7 antandshell

antandshell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

HELLO WE NEED A RESPONSE FROM MEADE HERE! This is a well know ongoing issue with any audiostar or and 497ep data gets corrupted after 5.9 updater says data successfully send to hand box. It all over the web and we need a fix! As of now this is the only solution and it is third party software so it probably will void you warranty http://members.optus...om.au/johansea/ use beta version if you are willing as Meade has done nothing to help us!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users