• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 new guy

new guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

when I go to the guided tour menu it says "none found"  I tryed a reset and still the same ,"None found"  anybody have this problem? if so how did you fix?    lx200gps with autostar II version 4.2g  Thanks in advance

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2041 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

Did you do an alignment?
did you set time or let gps set the time
It needs these things to know what to display

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 new guy

new guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

yeah, I was outside today , did the alignment thing ,did the gps thing, asked it to go to the andromada galaxy, and it did and actually came fairly close. Its a work night and I was just testing it out anyway cause its one of the first clear nights since I got it. If I took some time to get a real close alignment it would probably be right on. Then I told it to go for a tour and it responded by saying "none found". The data base for all the objects is there but no tours are there. I think I can re download them?  I guess Ill need the interface cables.  Any ideas where the best place to get these from?  Thanks for all your help in advance.

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2041 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

It may be a corrupt file
You dont need it as most of the tour isnt that good and I dont think ive ever used it.
I have no expierance with reloading tours but ill see if I can find any info on it if you really want to load the tour in

regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#5 new guy

new guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

thanks Mark,  I think in this tour it would only list objects that are visable at that time of the night and that will really help a new guy like myself discouver whats there. I think that I will be useing this part of the autostar, unless it doesnt perform as expected (but I wont know untill I try). Any help will be much appreciated.

#6 new guy

new guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

well,i have an interface cable now (rs232 to serial to usb) and i downloaded the serial to usb software and when i go into control panel, devices,ports,it showes prolific serial to usb com3, and when i click on it it sais that this device is working.then in autostar suit i will go to telescope, communications, serial port setup and set it to com3. then i test the port and it sais communication not established, im running vista 32 bit on an e-machine laptop.  im getting frustrated. does anybody have any ideas for me?  any help would be much appreciated. (it would also relive some stress)  thanks

#7 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2041 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Have you resolved your issues yet???
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#8 new guy

new guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

no mark, still looking for help,  any suggestions?

#9 meademods

meademods

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

hi, this is an easy fix. First go to meads download web sight and download the new tour list from there sight. it will automaticly put them in the asu. next open asu updater click file here you will see your file click on it now you will see the tours file in the library side. in the middle you will see (All) click on the right > arrows and a box will appear click ""ALL OBJECT TYPS"" and the list will now be sent to the autostar side. Now cennect all cables usb to RS323- use the 6pin to 6pin flat cable and use the RS323 next to the HSB port. turn on scope let it boot up. Now in the asu click cennect you will now see a gray bar at the botton on the left you will see READY on the right you will see you scope model lx200 gps and handbox verision 4.2G. now click send, thats' it now you just wait it will  take about 30min to compleat. They dont call me meademods for nothing"""" Hope this helps Garry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users