2 replies to this topic

#1 Cuda

Cuda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hi All

Is it just me or why is it I can not find a manual for the new version of Envisage (7.05). It seems Envisage has changed drastically from the original disk I got with my LX200 to the latest update so where or how do I get a updated manual??  Seems Meade is asleep at the wheel when it comes to instructions on how to use their equipment. I have looked all over the internet (granted maybe in the wrong places) but seems this should be an easy find on Meade's site right next to the update software.

I have the old manual in PDF but it does not evcen look like the same program that is the 7.05 upgrade.

Does anyone have a link for Download or possibly can send me a copy via e-mail?

Thanks ???

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1919 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

If you click on start menu then meade there are the manuals in PDF format there.
The program is pertty much the same as the original with some fixes and a few updated in the magic eye.
If you have further issues please feel free to contact me and I can walk you through the setup.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Cuda

Cuda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

Mark - Thanks for the reply :).  What I want to try to do is to autoguide my LX200GPS using a extra Meade 8X50 Finder Scope and LPI camera. I have the Finder modified to achieve focus and am doing well using Envisage to take daytime pictures using the LPI camera/finder combo. I have all the software updated and everything is working as far as I can tell however the instructions for using the LPI as an autoguider do not match the controls in the new Envision Upgrade.  So what I need to know is how to set up the LPI as a autoguider using Envisage software as I am pretty much guessing at this point.  What would help is basic settings or steps to take using the new version of Envisage. Does the rig need to be calibrated? how? Also if I read it right Drizzle will not drive the mount so I need to stay away from that for autoguiding?

Thanks - Cuda ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users