• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stew57

Stew57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I wss fooling around with my ETX-80 grabbing pictures of messier objects as well as the Horsehead and Flame nebula. I have decided to try for all 110 messier objects and do a litle bit better on some I already captured. It started as a lark but now I wish I had taken a little more time.
They can be seen at;
http://urlm.in/knbp

Stew

#2 Gemini26

Gemini26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

New guy on the horizon! Just picked up an ETX-80 at a garage sale and I am just poking about for info. Don't know much about the sky objects you pictured but they e Sgive me an idea of what I might see up there. I have an Apple iPad 2 with the the "Star Walk" APP which is quite interesting and hopefully will help guide me in my observations with the ETX. Any further ideas/help? Gemini26

#3 Stew57

Stew57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

Try checking out
http://www.weasner.com/etx/menu.html
More than you will ever want to know!

BTW I am half way to all 119 messier objects.

Mark

#4 Stew57

Stew57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

That should say all 110 my typing skill is, well what skill.

#5 steve.rosenow

steve.rosenow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationShelton, Washington

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

How are you taking pictures? Are you using the DSI with the ETX-80 or are you piggybacking a camera to it?

I just sold an ETX-80 because I was unable to achieve this level of imaging with it. Those are outstanding pix!

#6 Stew57

Stew57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

I have a finder mounted as a guidescope. I use PHD and a meade DSI pro for guiding. The imaging camera is in the eyepiece port. For pics of the equipment setup see;

http://s906.photobuc.../mstew57/ETX80/

Mark

#7 Stew57

Stew57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

I should add that these pics are not stacked or processed. If you took multiple long exposures and stacked or further processed you should do a much better job than these. These are 112second exposures 9max my camera will do.

#8 steve.rosenow

steve.rosenow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationShelton, Washington

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

Wow. Absolutely awesome. Makes me wish I hadn't sold off my ETX-80 now, but it couldn't handle the weight of a T-mount adapter plus a Nikon D5100 DSLR camera body.

I lack the resources (mainly, a laptop) to get the DSI and LPI imaging systems but as soon as I test and purchase the LX200 I am looking at next weekend, I should get one.

I've been a professional photographer doing landscapes and portrait shoots for years but I've always wanted to try astrophotography.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users