#1 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

Does anyone out there know what the (very brief) list of Laptop SCSI Adapers will work with the Pictor Series CCDs?

Yes, I know they are museum pieces, and probably no longer supported, But I know someone that just got his hands on one, and wants to try it out.
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#2 Skyhawk727

Skyhawk727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi,

I forgot the make and model I had, but I threw it away a couple weeks before I read your post. Sorry. If your friend gets the camera going, I have a color filter wheel for the 416, 1616 which can be had pretty cheaply. My 416 worked better using the parallel port as I remember... then the shutter died and since Meade couldn't repair it....

Dave
10" LX200 in observatory, TeleVue Pronto guidescope, DSI III Pro as autoguider/imager, SBIG ST 8300M.

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

I did find a reference to it on the Cyanogen web site (they support MaximDL, and have aboout the only good write up of the Pictoir SCSI support out there).
I'll see if he wants a filter wheel for it...
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#4 Skyhawk727

Skyhawk727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

The most recent Meade Envision has a tab to support Pictor cameras. never tried it.

Dave
10" LX200 in observatory, TeleVue Pronto guidescope, DSI III Pro as autoguider/imager, SBIG ST 8300M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users