• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lepadremsx06

lepadremsx06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Is there a Mac version of AutoStar Suite ? If not is there a similar software for Mac ?

Thanks

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2015 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Cartes du Ceil can be used on a Max with OS X version 10.something. It cannot be used with the modern Macs with some of the newer operating systems. Try a search for this name. I normally use AutoStar, but I have found an object on Ceil that was not availiable on AutoStar, NGC 2610, I think is the number, but I think most are on both.

This is the only one I know about that is free and works on a Mac.

Anyone else out there that knows of others?

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

If you're just trying to control your telescope (point at objects w/o hand controller), you may want to try TheSkyX (Software Bisque) and Starry Night -- little pricey, but there are Mac versions.

If your trying to update the hand controller, or control a DSI-type imager-- that's another story -- that requires AutoStar Suite. There are some inexpensive Windows machines out there to handle the astronomy needs (There is much more equipment control and Planetarium software in the Windows world).
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#4 mranch

mranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

This is rather an old topic, but I thought I would add that I use a Mac and partitioned the hard drive and run Parallel Desktop. This way I have my Mac on 1/2 the hard drive and I run Windows 7 on the other half and Parallel Desktop is a go between the two partitions. This way I have all my PC only software available on my Mac. Works well.

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users