• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2085 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

To get the drivers to load on a vista machine you have to wait for Vista to give up and then direct it to the install directory under Meade\AutostarSuite\Envisage\Drivers\2K - XP, once this is done it works fine.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#2 Guest_dpearl_*

Guest_dpearl_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:57 AM

Bless you!!!

Thank you for helping! I should have figured that one, but even if I did I still wouldn't have known where to look for the drivers!! 
Would you consider posting this in the Auto Suite software forum,  there are a lot of folks there that probabaly have no idea to look for a solution in the general discussions.

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2085 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

Feel free to copy and past this info there.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:40 AM

This might help a long standing problem:  http://www.news.com/..._3-6218894.html

Seems that MSFT is trying to help Vista make friends with USB ports.

Russ

#5 rocky

rocky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

It was a great operating system.Here, you get the chance to ask any question you like about Vista and hopefully get them answered by other visitors just like you.

Using the form below, fill out your question in detail and feel free to add a picture if you wish. Below the form, you get a chance to see the feedback that other visitors have left...
I wish I could help you more, but I don't have enough time to provide customized tech support to each and every one of you. A few months ago, I did some research of my own to see what is out there to help (since I hear this a lot!). The truth is, there's not much!

You might want to try and use our recommended Windows Vista support tools...

For general questions about Vista, use the form below...

green smoothie

#6 CharlesT

CharlesT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

I just received my DSI II and loaded the software but only LPI Drivers, is there supposed to be a DSI II driver? ALso it's not recognizing my camera LPI? My computer is VIsta 64 OS, can anybody help, help!!
Thanks
Charles

#7 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

Charles,
  I have Vista 64 bit on my laptop and an LPI.  I installed the LPI driver which is 32 bit.  I have the same problem.  My understanding is that without a 64 bit driver there is no way for it to work with the 64 bit version of Vista.  Fortunately I have an older laptop running XP to use until Meade develops a 64 bit driver.  No doubt it is just a matter of time before they do, for all computers will be 64 bit in the not too distant future.
Russell Hurlbert

#8 CharlesT

CharlesT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

Thanks Russell, Yes I called Meade and they didn't even know when they will have a 64 Bit driver available, no plans as of yet to develop one. Not to reassuring. I wish I can afford another lap top or XP OS but spent all my dough on the scope, they could have at least informed me about the driver issue prior to purchasing, I may have waited... 1 strike against Meade.
Charles

#9 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

Charles,
  You may want to check with the people from which you bought the laptop.  They may offer a free down grade to XP.  Some places were offering that.  I know XP works wonderfully with the LPI.  And everyone else around here says it works for the DSI II also.  It’s a thought anyway.  Wish there was more I could do.  And who knows? Someone may come up with something. We can only hope.
Russell Hurlbert

#10 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

For those of you who are following this thread hoping for a conclusion, it should be noted that it is possible to install a “virtual machine” on top of 64 bit Vista that would allow Windows XP to be conveniently run on top of Vista.  Please check the following post in this forum for details. Meade 4M Community Forum->Telescopes and Accessories->DSI CCD Cameras->Get your DSI to work with 64 bit Windows 7 or Vista.
  It may be just the trick for you.
Russell Hurlbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users