• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 licotimli

licotimli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

My ETX-125PE came with Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition which I installed on my laptop.  When I did the update on the Meade website, it could not find the software in the usual subdirectory, so the update was not sucessful.  Evidently, AS Astronomers Edition puts the software in a subdirectory called \\Astroware\\.  I have since bought LPI which comes with the regular Autostar Suite, and I uninstalled Astronomers Edition and installed the regular Autostar Suite...this puts the software in a subdirectory called \\AutostarSuite\\.  I did the update through the Meade website, and it updated to Version 3.23, which I assume is the latest version even though the Meade website indicates that it would be an update to Version 4!!!  What exactly is the difference between the regular version and the Astronomers Edition anyway?  Which one is better?

Thanks for any information on this,
Tim

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1996 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

The astronomers addition is a basic version for beginners.
The edition that comes with your LPI or DSI is more robust and has more features.
When you do the update the version numbers for Envisage willl change to 4  for the updated features Envisage allows.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 licotimli

licotimli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:49 PM