3 replies to this topic

#1 Numptyworld

Numptyworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hi There,

From what i have read on various forums, the AUX ports on my scope are for future expansion and don't actually work.

On newer models, these ports are used to focus and guide as far as i can tell.

Does anyone have expereince of using these ports with my model? I can buy a port module 2nd hand, but i am not convinced this will help me.

i have a modified webcam ready to go with phd guiding, but am doubtful this will drive the scope via these ports. Any ideas or advice welcomed.

regards,

James
  • CatFaiday, CoopleEvold, carpinteyropqi and 14 others like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2009 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi James,

I would also be interested in hearing if anyone is using something in that port. Most likely, Meade has a vision for something with it in the future, but it may not be used in the internal programming yet. I would recommend calling Meade Customer Support. With questions like yours, they seem to me to be pretty good. The number is 800-626-3233.

With my little DS mounts, there was an admonishment in the instructions to not plug anything into that port for fear of shorting out the board. Later, they came out with the LNT version that moved the clock, a compass, and a level sensor into the finder, which plugged into that socket. Unfortunately, the rolled steel telescope tube tended to have enough magnetism locked into the steel from the rolling process to upset the compass. That version was discontinued.

I suspect they put in a plug like that, which is hooked into the internal net work for just what they say, future enhancements. But, they are most likely not programmed into the actual program yet. There is a regular USB port on my LS 8 that is that way. I am very curious about what kinds of things they envisioned for its use.

Unless someone posts better knowledge than I have, since I do not own a scope like yours, I would call call customer support. If you do call them, please post their answer if you are willing, so that we will all know.

Best regards,

Bill Steen

#3 Numptyworld

Numptyworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Dear Bill,

I will do exactly that and post the results. If I have to, I will buy a new fork set to drive my older tube, but I am hoping I get lucky this time. two aux ports at the ready, but no slew... Seems unfair and poor forward planning to me!

Regards,

James

#4 dogeddie

dogeddie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I have an older LX, and the LNT module is actually plugged into one of the ports

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx90

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users