• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yairi

Yairi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

I read on a web site that features almost all things Meade that the 1209 microfocuser can be controlled using the AutoStar touchpad for LX-90s if you connect through a 909APM. Can anyone confirm this? Right now I am using the separate 1209 touch pad and would like to control everything from one paddle.

Also, is it possible to control slewing and focusing using AutoStar Suite? In the past I have tried to use AutoStar to control my LX-90 but AutoStar nevers gets past attempting to initialize. FYI: I have a DSI-proII connected via USB and the 497 handbox is connected via RS232.

Thanks in advance-
Gary O.

#2 chuckr54

chuckr54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hi, Yairi

"I read on a web site that features almost all things Meade that the 1209 microfocuser can be controlled using the AutoStar touchpad for LX-90s if you connect through a 909APM. Can anyone confirm this?"

==> Yes - I know some people who do exactly that :-)

"Also, is it possible to control slewing and focusing using AutoStar Suite?"
==> Yes - I would recommend you use the Network Server option to connect to the scope, and use remote handbox to control the scope, while using Envisage to control the camera.

Network Server acts a sort of a central communications hub - you connect the scope to it, then connect the Autostarsuite, Envisage, and Remote Handbox applications to Net Scope Server.

==> A detailed connection guide can be found here:
http://autostarsuite...0/ShowPost.aspx

HTH,

Chuck Reese

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users